The second week I was in Idaho alone with my family. There was lots more hanging out, relaxing, playing games and visiting. I was really missing Brian, but it was okay because I got to spend the week with my most favorite people in the whole world!
Here is my brother Luke being the emcee of one of our game nights. I love my brother Luke...he is so hilarious and always cracks me up. We're best buds, him and I. We pretty much hung out together the entire week. It was great to get to spend time with him.
Here is my brother Tyler and his wife Kelsey. They are super fun as well and so nice. They are actually storing most of our stuff for us while we are over here in New York, which we really, really appreciate. I always love visiting them because you never know what new animals they have acquired, and it's always something unique. The most recent acquisition was baby bunnies, which unfortunately I didn't see before I left.
Next to them is my sister Annie and her boyfriend Connar. I love Annie-belle, the youngest of the bunch...she is spunky, and so fun to tease. :) I think she is so pretty, and she is such a kind, caring and friendly person. She is my favorite person to chill with and watch a good chick flick. She can get loopy sometimes, which I love because it makes me laugh! This is the first time I got to meet Connar and he was a good sport hanging around with all of us.
Luke really loves his dog. I would laugh because he would just start talking to Ranger as if he were one of us...I kept thinking he was talking to someone outside, but it was just his dog.
We had a couple of photo-shoots during my trip so I could get up to date pictures of me with my family members. Here I am with Annie and my Mom.
I love my mom. She seriously is the best Mom ever, and I'm so grateful that she was mine. She is so giving and loving and caring and fun. She is one of my best friends and I loved just being home with her and being able to talk to her.
We were able to go up to Driggs one more time and see my sister Kiley. Kiley is seriously my best friend. I love talking to her and we totally understand each other. We roomed together all through college. Everyone always called us twins because they could never tell us apart, which I don't understand. I think we look like siblings but not the same at all. I really have missed getting to see her and hang out with her, so it was great to be able to spend some time with her.
My other sister Jamie, lives in Iowa and she had her baby while I was in Idaho. She had a little girl on June 9th that they named Kaylee May. She was 7lbs 5ozs, 20 inches long. Jamie got induced that morning and by 2:00 in the afternoon she had a new baby girl! We were so excited when she called and told us. We got to see pictures of her on facebook and got to skype with Jamie later that day. Kaylee is super cute and has a head of thick, dark hair. I really miss Jamie and wish we could have been there to hold Kaylee. I'm so excited because Kaylee is my first niece.
My Dad works for the St. Anthony Fire Department as their dispatcher. I got to go and see where he works and see the fire trucks. I won't lie...it was pretty cool. I have really missed my Dad. He wasn't able to come out with my family when they came last October to visit me, so I hand't seen him for awhile. It was great to be able to see where he works and get to help him out a bit with things while I was there.
I remember getting to ride on the top of this fire truck through town when I was in kindergarten, so of course I had to have a picture by it.
Annie and I had a little too much fun exploring the trucks.
Apparently there is a nest of squirrels in the trees right off the back of the building. They keep a can of peanuts there and they are always feeding the squirrels. This little guy showed up just as I was about to leave, and I got to feed him. His name is Eddie.
It was hilarious. My Dad would hold the can of peanuts out the door and shake them and Eddie would come flying out of the tree down onto the deck. He would then scamper over and sniff around a bit before coming up to get the peanut out of our hands. He would eat some of them and then bury the other ones in the lawn beside the building or in the dirt beneath the deck. It made me want a pet squirrel.
I was really sad to leave. I am super close to all of my family members, and other than Brian they are my best friends. Like I've said before, I hate goodbyes and it was really hard to leave. But I was missing Brian and couldn't wait to see him (although I wasn't all that anxious to go back to New York). I'm grateful we had the opportunity to go and visit with them. I love them so much and feel so blessed to have them as my family. I definitely have the best family in the whole world.
I just read a book by a woman who ADORES living in New York and would never live anywhere else. Her favorite things about it are her market, dry cleaner and hair stylist all within two blocks of her apartment. I think a great family who has to drive to the dry cleaners is a whole lot better. But I'm glad you are teaching NYC a thing or two about how to live a happy life. There are people there who need you and Brian, at least for awhile.
ReplyDeletePS -- I love the fire trucks!
ReplyDeleteWe adore you and love you very much. Thanks for the memories! Again...it was a terrific two weeks!
ReplyDeleteWhat is this?! Luke get's two paragraphs and I only get half of one?!... Well thanks a lot.. I do enjoy our lovely pictures on the fire truck.. good memories (: It was great having you up!
ReplyDelete