Monday, February 17, 2014

Family Pictures

Our last complete family photo for my side of the family was taken in 2010. Since then, we have had two new additions and everyone has grown a little older. My sister Kiley and I decided that it was time for an updated picture. We wanted to do it at Christmas while everyone would be at my parent's house, but my sister Jamie and her family were unable to make it home for the holidays.

Enter the need for plan B - or a method to take a family photograph without all parties coming together in one geographic location to take said photograph. I came across this brilliant idea (one that I wish I could claim as my own) on Pinterest awhile ago and saved it, thinking that one day it might come in handy with our family spread out across the country.

Basically, you assign each family member, couple or individual family unit one letter from your family's last name. Instruct each individual/group to take a photo of themselves holding said letter. Assemble the photos in a frame or photoshop collage and - viola - you have a complete family photo.


I threw together this collage just so I could share it on our blog. However, I intend to find a nice frame in which to display the printed pictures. I think it turned out great, especially since we took our own pictures and Brian and I touched them up only a wee bit with photoshop. It has been a fun project to work on during the last couple of wintry months.

We also captured some photos without any letters, so my mom could update her family photo wall. I think my old high school senior picture has outlived itself, and I'm happy to have a different photo take its place.
















I love all of these happy, smiley people! They bring so much happiness and joy to my life.      

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! What a wonderful set of photos -- and such a great idea to tie them all together. Maybe we should try it -- with WESTOVER, each person would have to hold one, even Ollie!
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful family time in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete