Two weekends ago, we took a quick trip up to Idaho. Brian's Mom was out of town, so Brian and Tom wanted to go have a guy's weekend with their Dad. I rode up with them, and after leaving them with Layne, drove to my parent's house.
I actually only told Kiley and Annie that I was coming, since they live the farthest away and need more notice to meet me at Mom's. So Friday night, when I arrived in town, I stopped by Jamie's house. When she opened the door, she was so surprised. It was great! When Carson saw me, he got so excited and yelled, "It's my best aunt!" He sure knows how to make me feel loved. After he gave me a big hug, Sophia ran and jumped on me, giving me hugs too. I love those kids, and it was fun to surprise them. Poor Kaylee was crying because she had fallen off the couch and landed on her arm. She was freaking out quite a bit, and Jamie took her into the doctor later, where they found out she broke her arm. Poor girl.
I headed to my Mom and Dad's house next. When I walked in the door, it was quite the surprise for my parents too. It took them a moment to process that I was there, but once they did, I got big hugs. It was really fun to see the surprise on their faces turn into big smiles. I always feel so loved and welcomed when I go to visit, but even more so this time. I'm so glad I decided not to tell them I was coming.
It was a quick weekend, but a wonderful one. We always enjoy getting to spend time with family. Brian and Tom had a really good time hanging out with their Dad, and I had such a fun time seeing my family. I got to see everyone, except for Kelsey and baby Tayte who were in Utah visiting her family. It was a very low-key weekend. Usually when my family gets together, we play lots of games, but this time we didn't even play one. We just enjoyed our time visiting and laughing. It was great, and just what I needed after the busy couple of months we've had.
Although there's not too much more to write about, I wanted to post some pictures that I took with my nieces and nephews.
Carson is such a funny kid, he makes me laugh so much. I wanted to take a selfie with him, and that quickly turned into a silly face photo session. Whenever I would make a normal face, he'd make a silly face, and so I'd make a silly face the next time and he would make a normal face. Finally I just gave in and we both were silly.
Jamie said that Kaylee didn't stop crying until they told her that once she had a cast, she could let people sign their names on it. That made her happy, and she immediately stopped crying. Here's the little lady after they got back from the doctor. She'd had a rough night and day, and was so tired, but she wanted to show off her cast and sling to everyone. This was actually a temporary cast--she got the permanent one a few days later.
I got to see Sadie for a bit on Friday night and Saturday. She wasn't feeling the best though, so she was pretty clingy to grandma. She did start feeling better on Saturday, so I got to play with her some. We colored and drew pictures for a bit. She is just so sweet.
Before I had to leave on Sunday I took some more pictures with Carson, Kaylee, and Sophia. I kept asking Sophia if she would come home with me, and every time she would say yes. She was all ready to go, and we even had a list of things we'd need to take...her blankie, pj's, clothes, toys, etc. She was taking a nap when I had to go so I didn't get to say goodbye, which may have been a good thing since she was convinced she was coming home with me. Haha! When she woke up and Jamie told her that I was gone, she was pretty sad I guess.
They are such fun little munchkins, and I just can't get enough of them. I love them so much!
Bonus Video: On Saturday, Annie captured this moment between Sophia and Luke. It makes me laugh so hard every time I watch it. I love that she's wearing a fuzzy purple hat, I love that they're jousting with baseball bats, and I love that she starts riding really fast when Luke whacks the horse. It's all so perfect!








Fun! Glad the weekend worked out for everyone.
ReplyDelete