Brian was able to take Friday off, and we drove up Friday morning. We were both feeling a little stressed about all the packing we had to do (holy cow we had to bring a lot of stuff for just one little person!) but it actually ended up not being as bad as we thought. We stopped first at Layne and Kris' house in Idaho Falls. It was so great to see them as always. Connor got to meet Archie for the first time, and although Connor wasn't quite sure what was going on, Archie was SO excited about him. It was hilarious. Also, Archie just loves Brian, and he couldn't get onto Brian's lap because there was a baby in the way, so he climbed up on the back of the couch so that he could reach Brian to lick his face and nose.
We didn't get to stay very long with Kris and Layne's because we needed to be at the hospital to visit Kiley sooner than we had thought. We did have a little time to visit though, and we got to eat lunch with them. They made the traditional corned beef and cabbage with potatoes for St. Patrick's Day--one of Brian's favorite holiday meals. It is quite delicious. I hadn't even thought of that this year, so I'm glad they shared with us so that Brian didn't have to miss out! Kris is so cute, and made green jello, and green a green lemonade to go with the meal. She even had a real shamrock plant as a centerpiece. It was fun.
It was sad to say goodbye so soon after we arrived, but we needed to head to the hospital to see my sister and her brand new baby. It was the only time we would get to see them this trip, and I didn't want to miss that. Kiley looked beautiful as always, especially after giving birth two days before. She was in labor all day and after pushing for almost two hours had to get a c-section because the baby was just too big and was stuck. I'm so grateful that everything turned out well and that mom and baby are both happy, healthy, and doing well. Miss Katelyn Emma is just a little doll, and has the darkest eyes and hair. She's the last of the four babies to arrive this year on my side of the family, and the only girl. She was 8 lbs 4 oz, just a tad bit smaller than Connor was when he was born. She was so tiny though, and made Connor look so big. I can't believe how much he's grown already. I'm so happy for Kiley and Scott!

That day was also my brother Luke's birthday, so headed up to my mom's house for the birthday party. It is always a bit chaotic when our bunch gathers together, and Friday was no exception. I love it though. Connor did really well with all the people and the noise. The only time he didn't like being around everyone was when one of his cousins started crying. He would start to cry too, and we had to take him into another room where it was quiet to get him to calm down. It was so fun though, and I'm so glad we got to be there for Luke's birthday. I really love that kid...no matter how old he gets he'll always be my little Lukey. The evening flew by and we had a blast playing games and getting to visit with everyone.
Connor got to meet all of his cousins, who just loved him, and the aunts and uncles he hadn't met yet at the birthday party. We took some pictures of him with the other two babies born this year. It's going to be so fun having these three little guys all the same age. Emytt is one month old and is Tyler and Kelsey's baby, Jackson is two months old and is Jamie and Danny's baby.
![]() |
| Emytt and Connor |
![]() |
| Emytt, Jackson, Connor |
Tayten had to get in on the pictures too. He is Tyler and Kelsey's little boy and is almost two years old. He's still just a baby himself, but looks so big compared to his brother and baby cousins.
![]() |
| Tayt, Emytt, Connor |
Saturday morning we went to visit my Grandpa. I got so nostalgic driving down the road to his house. We've been able to visit him a few times since moving to Utah, but all of my childhood memories of visiting my grandparents and playing with my cousins at their house just came flooding back this time. I don't know why I was so emotional, but I almost started to cry. They are such happy memories, but they seem like such a long time ago. I saw a robin as we neared his house, and that always reminds me of my grandma, who passed away seven years ago on the day we happened to be visiting him. I've been so anxious for Connor to meet my Grandpa. He is my only living grandparent, and holds a very special place in my heart. He has been anxious to meet our little one as well. It was such a special moment for me when I handed my baby to my Grandpa. He just loved Connor, who is his eleventh great grandchild. I love my Grandpa so much and wish we got to visit him more. I'm so grateful he is still around, and that he got to meet my son.
We stayed and visited for awhile. My Aunt Audra and Uncle Glade came over with my cousins McKenna and Jarett while we were there and got to meet Connor too. It was great getting to spend time with family who we don't get to see very often anymore.
On Sunday we got to visit Chester Ward, the ward I grew up in. It was fun to see some familiar faces---ones that I grew up with and hadn't seen for a long time. It was Jackson's blessing day. It was a very special day and I'm so happy that we could be there for it. Jamie looked beautiful and little Jackson is so cute. My family is getting so big it's hard to get us all in one picture anymore. Everyone was able to be there except Scott, Kiley and their two girls. Baby Emytt was there, but isn't pictured because he was sleeping in his car seat.
We spent a little more time hanging out at my parents' house that afternoon before we had to head home. I hadn't gotten to visit with Jamie very much because they had some of Danny's family in town and were spending time with them and also getting ready for Jackson's big day. So it was nice to get a little more time with her before we had to go. I just love all of my siblings!
All too soon the weekend was over and we packed up and started our drive home. We stopped for just a minute at Brian's parents house on the way back to say goodbye and pick up a few things we'd forgotten. Our Idaho weekends always go so fast, and we always wish we could stay longer. We have so many people we want to visit each time and it's hard to fit everyone in without cutting time short with someone. But I think we did okay this time. Connor did amazing with all of the time in the car. He slept on and off most of the way there and back. He was a trooper with all the running around, meeting new people, and being in and out of his car seat so much. He's such a good baby, and we are very grateful at how mellow he is most of the time. We can't wait until we can make it back up to our beloved Idaho again.








All these beautiful babies! And Colin too! Connor has a wonderful group of cousins. ❤
ReplyDeleteHow nice that he has a great-grandfather still with you. Yay!