My Mom's birthday was the week we were in Idaho, so I took Connor to Chester to visit her that day. I'm so glad we were able to go up. I always love getting to see my family, and even though I get to see them a lot more these days, I still feel like it's never enough! I need to figure out how to get them to come down and visit me more often. :)
We spent the afternoon visiting with my Mom and my Grandpa. Connor was pretty shy at first, but by the end of the visit had warmed up to them considerably. My siblings started to show up at various times throughout the day, and by six o'clock we had all gathered for cake and ice cream. Everyone that is except my sister Jamie and her family. She was sick, so they didn't come, and I'm really sad I didn't get to see them.
After enjoying the yummy cake and ice cream, we all moved outside to enjoy the beautiful evening while we continued to talk. Have I mentioned how much I love summer evenings in Idaho? The temperature is just perfect, and I love the smell of the fresh summer air--a combination of freshly cut grass and hay, warmed earth, and sweetness from the surrounding trees and flowers.
There was plenty of laughter and teasing and just good fun, as is always the case when we gather together.
Connor got some time with his cousin Emytt. He is almost three months younger but outweighs Connor by quite a bit. Cute boys!
We did get to spend a little time with baby Kate earlier. I finally finished knitting a blanket for her and gave it to Kiley while we were there. Kiley sent me this picture of Kate enjoying her blanket a few days later. Isn't she adorable.
Sadie and Tayte had fun playing on the trampoline and in Grandma's garden while the adults chatted. I just love these two. They're so funny! I know this picture is blurry, but I laugh every time I look at it.
My mom was SO happy that she got to see Connor and I. We weren't sure we were going to have time to make it to her birthday celebration, so it was a nice surprise. She's the best Grandma, and all the grandkids just adore her!
I love my Mom so much. She has always been my biggest support, and I'm so grateful for her constant love and encouragement in my life. I'm also grateful for her example of perseverance, hard work, sacrifice, kindness, and righteousness. It is because of her that I've always wanted to be a mother, and I hope that I can grow to become as wonderful a mother as she is.














❤️💕❤️ Happy Birthday Annette
ReplyDelete