Saturday, September 23, 2017

Carson's Baptism

Our nephew Carson got baptized last weekend, and I'm so happy that Brian and I could be there for it. My mom came to Utah the weekend before the baptism to get some peaches and tomatoes from Pettingill's Fruit Farm in Willard. Connor and I rode back to Idaho with her so that we could have spend the week with them. Brian had to work all week, so he stayed in Utah and then drove up Friday night.

I loved getting to spend a week with my parents and got to see my siblings a lot while we were there. Connor was super shy the first day or so we were there, and wouldn't leave my side without crying. He warmed up to everyone after that though, especially my Mom, and I think he had a good time too. He wasn't shy at all with his cousins though, especially the other babies. He would crawl right up to them until his face was almost touching theirs, and then just sit and stare at them. Haha! I need to start taking him to a play group so that other babies aren't such novelties. 

Connor and Katelyn--Kiley and Scott's daughter

Connor and Jackson--Jamie and Danny's son

Connor and Emytt--Tyler and Kelsey's son

The first three days we were there, the weather was perfect. We spent the majority of our days outside enjoying the sunshine and perfect temperatures. On Monday, all of my sisters came over and we spent the day sitting outside just talking and laughing. It was so fun. We don't get to do that often enough. 

Connor still dislikes grass and was only content sitting on my lap or crawling on a blanket on the ground. I did manage to get him to stand on the grass for a bit, but he would only stand on one leg. I guess two feet in the grass was a bit much for him. It was really funny. Every time he stood on the grass, he would immediately lift one foot up. He was like a little flamingo.

     

After standing for awhile, he eventually sat down on the lawn. He wouldn't move around or crawl like he usually does, but I was just happy he was making contact with the grass without crying. He wouldn't touch the grass with his hands at all, but had fun playing with a leaf he found.

     

Grandma introduced him to the trampoline, and he really liked it. He smiled so big when we pushed on the mat a little to gently bounce him. 

     

Tuesday, we hung out Jamie and her kids. Connor loved playing with Carson and Kaylee. He would crawl over to and talk to Kaylee when she sat on the floor to play with him. Carson drew on a cardboard box to make an airplane for Connor and Jackson. Connor loved watching him work, and had fun playing in the box when it was ready. 



On Wednesday, I took Connor to visit my friend Amanda. I finally made it out to see her house and it was so fun to catch up with her and see her kiddos. I miss my friends in Idaho! I then went to visit my cousin Sandra at her house, and had fun talking with her. I don't get to see her very often either, so it was great to get some time with her. I can't complain because we are a whole lot closer to everyone than we were in New York, but I really do miss living close to my friends and family in Idaho.

The weather turned cold and rainy partway through the week, so we spent the remainder of our visit indoors. I'm so glad that we took advantage of the beautiful weather earlier in the week. Connor was as active as ever and loved exploring his new surroundings. I love this kid, but some days he wears me out! I finally got a picture showing how he likes to crawl up me and stand on my shoulder when I'm holding him. There are times that he likes to be held and cuddled, but most often when I hold him, he just wants to use me as a climbing wall. Silly boy.

   

My Mom and I drove to Driggs on Thursday to visit Kiley. It's such a pretty drive up there and I love her house. Connor had fun watching Sadie's cat through the window. That kept him entertained while we ate lunch. He also loved playing with all of Sadie and Kate's toys. We need some new toys at our house...he's so bored with everything we have. He especially loved this toy piano that played music and made sounds whenever he touched a key or knob. I might need to get him something like this for his birthday. The kid loves music, buttons, and anything that he can twist, turn or push, so this would be perfect for him.

     

Saturday morning, we all met at the church for Carson's baptism. We got there a little early, so I was able to snap a picture of Carson in his white jumpsuit. Jamie said that he was really excited but also a bit nervous.


Tayte wanted to be in the picture too, so I took another one of him and Carson together. I love both of these boys so much. I have the coolest nephews!



I remember when Carson was born, and now he's eight years old! Time moves too fast. He is my parents' first grandchild, so my first nephew. I found this picture of me holding Carson for the first time. He was born a month and a half early and was so tiny. I fell in love with him instantly...he holds a special place in my heart for sure.


It was a very nice program. Carson chose who he wanted to say prayers, sing, and give talks. My Mom gave a talk on baptism, Luke gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Kiley, Annie, and I sang the song "I Come to the Water" while Kelsey played the piano. His other Grandma gave the opening prayer, and Brian said the closing prayer. The Grandpas were witnesses. 

Here are a few pictures of everyone before the program started. We are a wild bunch, especially with all the little kids we have now, but I wouldn't want it any other way.










During the baptism, Carson got a little nervous and unplugged his nose and stuck one of his hands straight up out of the water. He didn't have to do it again though, because he was fully submerged before he reached his hand up. It made everyone chuckle a little when his hand shot out of the water. He did good, and was so excited afterwards. He was confirmed that same day and both of his grandpas and all of his uncles on our side of the family got to stand in. I was a pretty special day. 

We are all so proud of him and his decision to be baptized. Carson is such a kind, sweet, funny kid, and he is setting such a great example for his siblings and all of his younger cousins.  

     


     



1 comment: