She picked out the pattern and yarn and I love the combination she chose. The pattern is called the Lover's Knot Afghan. It's a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. It's a cabled afghan and I was a little intimidated by the pattern at first. I'd never really done cables before and it looked a bit complicated. However, after I got a few rows in I got the hang of it, and it actually went by rather fast. I really had fun knitting it, and now I kind of love cables.
The only mistake I made was using one skein of yarn that had a different dye lot. I swear I got six skeins of the same dye lot when I purchased the yarn, I remember checking when I bought them. Somehow I grabbed one that was different. It was so close in color that I didn't realize it was different while I was knitting it. I only noticed the difference when I spread it out for pictures. It's so weird. When I picked it up and looked closely at it again, I couldn't see the color difference. It's only visible under some lights. I decided not to undo it, although it bothered me a lot. The chances of me finding the right dye lot at that point were slim, so I left it.
I learned a lot making this project and am quite proud of myself. I think it looks awesome. The yarn Annie chose is so soft and squishy. The blanket turned out soft, heavy, and snuggly...the perfect blanket to wrap up in and read on a chilly day. I hope she loves it. If not, I'll keep it for myself. ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment