Sunday, February 14, 2010

Surprises

My husband is awesome! So I really wasn't expecting anything for Valentines day because we are all budgeted out of money till I get paid again. We went to Walmart and bought each other our favorite $1 king-sized candy bar. That was it. But Brian surprised me yesterday by taking me to Millhollow's for frozen yogurt. That is where we went to on our first date. We haven't been back there since then...four years ago. We sat in the same bench and had the same kind of yogurt....it was really sweet.

Our first date was during the first part of March. He had coupons for free frozen yogurt and asked me to go with him. I was SOOO excited! Except he didn't have a car, and it was freezing outside, so we were going to take mine. At that time, our parking lot at Birch Plaza was not a parking lot but a huge moat. We didn't feel like wading through freezing cold water, so we decided to walk. We walked over there and on the way I slipped (really did) and grabbed onto Brian's arm so I wouldn't fall. It was nice, so I just kept my arm through his the rest of the way. (Sappy I know, I'm just telling the story how I remember it okay) Brian had chocolate frozen yogurt and I had strawberry. We sat in the booth in the back and just talked about everything. He asked me what my favorite food was and I said bread. He started laughing at me and said "like what, just a piece of bread." I meant breads...breadsticks, french breads, etc. It was a really fun night. Then he walked me back home in the freezing cold and that was that.

Then yesterday after Millhollow he took me to the place where he first told me that he loved me. Side story, we had dropped my ring off at our jewelers to be cleaned and re-plated about a week ago. It was going to take two weeks to get it back, so I've just been wearing this dorky ring that I have in its place. Anyways we were there talking and he pulled out my ring, which I was way surprised about. I wasn't expecting it back for another week. They had called on Friday saying that it was done, and he had snuck down to Idaho Falls and got it. Anyways it was way cute. Happy Valentines Day Brian...I love you!

3 comments: