Saturday, April 10, 2010

Confessions of a Perfectionist

I love Saturdays....they are the only day that I really have to get things done. I get so frustrated sometimes during the week because there is all these things that I think of that I need/want to get done. All week the list builds up and I feel stressed because I can't get to any of them. And then comes Saturday...whew relief. I have a whole day to do it all.

Brian tells me I shouldn't stress so much about things...he is probably right. But I am a Type A perfectionist and that's how I do things....right away and to perfection. :) So having to go to work and be there all day everyday while letting other things slide, gets to me...alot. Somedays I really hate working full time. I have to remind myself to be grateful...I have a good job and it is paying the bills right now. But I see all this other stuff falling by the wayside each week.

I need to not be so worried about getting things done I guess, but how? How do you not stress?
On the upside of everything, Brian is off school for a week and a half...I already have a list for him :) and I think it finally, possibly, maybe, might be spring. WAHOOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. I tend the same way myself, and it always is worse when I'm sad. You are doing great. I know that there is more to do than you feel you can do. That's been one of the biggest lessons of adulthood for me -- just living in the moment, knowing what to do and knowing what not to worry about. It takes practice. You'll get good at it, like everything else.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete