Sunday, April 4, 2010

Current Events

Wow!!! Its almost been a month since my last post. A lot has happened since then. The biggest thing is that my Grandma passed away on March 18th. She had a stroke earlier that week and was pretty much gone then. It was a blessing that we were all close and could go to the hospital and be with her in her last few days. It was really hard to say goodbye, and I'm going to miss her a lot. I know that she is happy and no longer suffering, which helps.

Here is a picture of her and my Grandpa at their 50th wedding anniversary (two years ago.) I love this picture...she is so happy and very pretty. This is how I remember her.


I am so grateful for eternal families. Someday, I will see my Grandma again.

Since then, we have just been working hard and have tried to get back to normal life. This weekend has been good. It was good to be with everyone and laugh and have a good time and celebrate Easter. I especially love my nephew Carson. He is so fun. He can roll over and stay sitting up by himself now. He also is making all kind of fun noises and smiles and laughs. I helped give him a bath today and he is hilarious! He just smiles and grins and splashes around. So fun!

Brian is finishing up his last week of the semester. Then we are on to his very last semester of college! Exciting that it's finally here, I've been waiting for this forever. It is scary though, because we now have to figure out what is next. Its crazy how fast life changes.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the future can be a little scary. But it is bright just the same! I hope finals go well for him. Then you are almost done!
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird that he only has one semester left...I really have been waiting for this for like three years. I think I may have just gotten used to the idea of being in school forever...my mind doesn't think its real. Can't wait though :)

    ReplyDelete