We went to another funeral yesterday. My Grandpa passed away last week from a heart attack. He was 87 years old. The funeral was very nice. We (the granddaughters) sang a song. It turned out fairly well considering we only were able to practice all together the night before. It was really good to see cousins and family members that we don't get to see all that often, and to remember good times with Grandpa.
It has only been about 2 months since my Grandma on the other side of the family passed away. Its been a really tough few months. I still miss my Grandma a lot, and still cry when things remind me of her. Now my Grandpa is gone too. It hurts loving people so much, but I guess I wouldn't want it any other way. I am just so grateful that we have the gospel in our lives. It's hard enough when you know that you will see them again and get to be with them forever. My heart goes out to those who do not have that knowledge and have lost love ones.
I am very blessed to have the family that I have. They have taught me so much. Everything that is good in my life is because of them and their example and guidance. I hope and pray that when Brian and I have children, that I can be the kind of example and influence for good in their lives that my parents and grandparents have been to me.
I'm sorry to hear about that Jessica. My heart and prayers go out to you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea!
ReplyDelete