Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Job

I know I haven't posted for awhile. My family was in town and then I got sick. I've been sick for the last week or so. Today I am feeling better though. I'm not really coughing and everything feels normal. Finally! I'll post more later about what we've been up to this month.

Brian's internship has now turned into a job! After four weeks, his editor told him that he should apply for a job after the internship was over. This was after he submitted his first article. She was very, very impressed. Then after he submitted his second article the next week, she handed him an application and basically told him to apply right now. He interviewed last Tuesday, which was basically just a formality. We have been trying to get stuff figured out with the school to see how it would affect the one credit he needs for the internship. That has been such a hassle. People there apparently do not like to do their jobs. Finally, we found someone who would help us and they gave us the okay to take the job now instead of in two months.

So as of this coming Monday, Brian will be the new Junior Analyst at PC Magazine! I am super proud of him. Everything has happened so fast. We didn't even know if we were coming out here for sure and then two weeks later we were here. Now less than halfway through the internship it has turned into a job. I'm still trying to catch my breath from the move! I'm not too happy about having to stay here longer. I don't mind New York, but to know that we are going to be here for much longer than we planned doesn't have me all that excited. However, I am very grateful for this opportunity that we have been blessed with, and will make the best of it. I am very grateful that we have a job. Up until now, that whole "what to do after this is over" question was lurking in the back of our minds.

Life sure is full of unexpected surprises! I never imagined that I would get to visit New York City let alone live here for any extended period of time. It never turns out how you planned, but it always seems to be better than you expected.

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I love the attitude you display in this post. It is hard to follow a husband's career where ever that might lead. I appreciate your willingness to let Brian have this chance. It will lead to good things and help put the reins in his hands. It won't be NYC forever unless you want it to be. Thank you for being so good for him. Marjorie Pay Hinckley once said, "My role has mostly been a supportive one -- and I feel no need to apologize for that." But I feel grateful to you, just as I'm sure Tim's mother feels so grateful for the ways that Annette has helped her boy has his life, too. It's love! I'm crying as I write this. Take super good care of each other where ever you are and whatever comes your way. Life is a grand adventure and a great school. Love you both -- Mom

    ReplyDelete