Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Are You Serious?

This last Saturday morning we were on the way to help clean our church building when we saw this truck. I was sure I was reading the list wrong and looked over at Brian to see if he was seeing the same thing. He apparently was because he had this surprised look on his face. We snapped a couple pictures of it with our cell phones to share with everyone back west.


Later that night we looked up these items to see if this was for real, or if someone had a weird sense of humor. We found out that it is for real. Try Googling burnt goat and burnt cow foot and you will get a ton of results, one of which is this link.

You should check it out, it will open your eyes. It sure did mine. On the second page of that article (if you got that far) it talks about cooked cock's comb and describes it as "a gelatinous sponge of meat". I almost started gagging at that point. The scary part is that Brian's eyes lit up a little bit about them. I think he would be okay with trying them....yuck. He is far too adventurous for me, but I guess that isn't saying much. Fish is too adventurous for me. Hahaha I am perfectly content with my steak and potatoes. :) Who new there was a market for these ...er.... exotic dishes. I guess it would be in New York if not anywhere else.

On a significantly less disturbing subject, there is a pet store a few blocks from our apartment that has puppies. We love puppies! Anytime Brian and I are out and about in our neighborhood, we make a special detour just to see them. They sure are cute little guys. The gray Scottish Terrier ran right up to the window and was staring Brian down for awhile. We are definitely planning to get a puppy someday. Probably once we've figure our life out a little bit more. For now, we have fun visiting our little friends as often as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment