So I was organizing some of our photos today and found a few that I've shared on Facebook, but not on the blog. I convert my blog posts into a print book at the end of every year, and I want these photos in the book. So here is a random post.
We finally broke down and got new phones about a month ago. We had our old phones for almost three years. We were down to one charger between the two of us, and it somehow had gotten cut in half. We stripped the cut ends down and wired them together and that is what we've been using to charge our phones. We figured it was time for an upgrade rather than to buy a new charger. They are smartphones, and we are loving them! My favorite app is Instagram. Most of these photos are from that app.
Although we have not explored the city this summer anywhere near as much as last summer, we still made it out on a few smaller adventures. One of these was to Chinatown for some food. Brian had been researching food places and found this place called Saigon that he wanted to try out. He ordered a Bahn Mi sandwich (vegetables and two different types of pork) and an avacado smoothie. He loved the smoothie, and still talks about it.
During this last month we've had a few rainstorms. I love rainstorms. This particular storm hit all of the sudden. The wind was crazy and there was a downpour of rain. There was thunder and lightening and even hail. The hail and/or thunder set off all of the car alarms on our street.
We got to enjoy more than one gorgeous sunset. We were walking home from the church one evening and the sunset was so gorgeous behind the Empire State Building.
I finally finished crocheting a blanket for my nephew Carson. I found the pattern online and made a few adjustments to it. The finished blanket ended up being SO thick. I really liked the pattern, but it ate up the yarn. I was able to ship it off in time for Carson's 3rd birthday. :) As soon as I finished it, my fingers began itching to start another one.
That finishes out what we've been up to this last month. I can't believe August is over already! Where has this year gone? As sad as it sounds, I am ready for summer to be over. I'm done with the heat. Bring on the fall with its cool weather!





No comments:
Post a Comment