As part of his job, Brian gets to go to different events around Manhattan that show off new laptop/desktop systems and other upcoming technology. He gets to visit some of the buildings there that otherwise we would never go inside. I believe this is in the Sony building. He always says how he loves the giant circular window they have there.
While up in these buildings he gets to see great views of the city.
On his way to these various events, he finds random sights in the city, such as the Oscar Mayer wiener mobile. It looks funny driving down the narrow Manhattan streets, but then again it probably looks funny driving anywhere!

Brian also got to go to a stage play of Ayn Rand's book Anthem. He said it was a good adaptation of the book and really enjoyed it. Sorry, no pictures to show of that.
The other night when we were walking home from our subway stop we noticed this picture painted onto the bottom of a street light post. We recognized it as the work of Banksy, a British street artist whose identity is unknown. His work has a distinctive style and he is painting pictures around New York City during his month-long visit.
Brian's been able to go to a couple Republican events in the city. One of the speakers was Donald Rumsfeld.
We went out to dinner at a local placed called F Ottomanelli Burgers & Belgian Fries. The food was really good, especially the fries. This place sits next door to the Ottomanelli Brothers Butcher Shop, so the meat is very fresh. It's a fun little place to have a casual dinner.
I stopped by the Lion Brand store in Manhattan to pick up a skeins of yarn for my intended scarves. Their display was really cute and someone had yarn-bombed the store's door handles. It was a very cozy store, although small and their stock/selection of yarn was smaller than I thought it would be. I found some soft, homespun yarn in pink/orange and black/grey which will make very warm scarves. I hope I can finish them before Thanksgiving so we can wear them to the Macy's Parade. We will see.
Life is really good. We mostly find ourselves occupied with work and the mundane everyday tasks of life, but we do get to experience some neat stuff here and there. It's what keeps us going in this busy city.







I love the curly scarf in the window display. Fun, fun, fun!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I didn't know you knit!
ReplyDelete