When we were first married, Brian and I set a goal to go to the temple once a month. We did really well in keeping that goal while we lived in Rexburg during the first four years of our marriage. The first couple years we were married we got to visit the Idaho Falls Temple each month, and I loved it. Once the Rexburg Temple opened, we started going there instead because it was much more convenient. I loved that one as well.
After moving to NYC, our goal of a monthly visit was sidetracked. It wasn't that we didn't have a temple close by, there was one in Manhattan. It's just that life became a lot busier, and it wasn't always easy to find time to go. We got out of the habit. Each time we would go, we'd come out feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the city again. And each time we went, we'd wonder why we didn't try harder to go more often. Then life would get in the way again, and it would be months before we made it back.
Now that life has settled down a bit after our move, we've renewed our goal for monthly temple attendance. I think it's easier to make a goal and start creating a habit at the beginning of a new stage in life...whether it be a new school year, a move, or a new job. So, I'm hopeful that we will keep up with it this time.
Last Wednesday, we went to the Ogden Temple. It is such a beautiful temple, inside and out. The temple underwent a complete renovation during the last few years, and was rededicated in September of last year. So although the Ogden Temple was first opened in 1972, the recent reconstruction makes it fairly new.
We had such a nice experience there, and even got a mini tour. One of the temple workers showed us around a little. She informed us that the beautiful dark wood was from Africa, and the gorgeous cream colored marble was from Egypt but cut in China.
It's been a blessing to have always lived close to a temple. I'm excited that we'll get to visit a few new ones now that we live so close to more than one.




No comments:
Post a Comment