Sunday, January 3, 2016

More Visitors

Scott, Kiley (my sister), and Sadie came to visit us on December 17th. They were able to stay a couple days with us, and we had so much fun with them.

The first night we took them to the Christmas Village to see the lights and Christmas cottages. It was really cold...one of the coldest nights we'd had yet. We all bundled up, and Kiley especially piled the the layers on miss Sadie. She looked like a little pink marshmallow, and the way she waddled around reminded us of the little brother on A Christmas Story, when his mom bundled him up so much that he could barely walk. Haha!

    

Sadie was my little buddy during their whole visit. She wanted me to hold her a lot, and would walk around saying, "Jess, Jess" when  she wanted me to play with her or pick her up. She is such a little smarty, and it was fun to hear her talk and watch her explore our apartment. She love our little Christmas tree and had to check out all of our ornaments.

She wasn't too sure about Brian though. She just doesn't know him well enough yet, and I think his beard didn't help that at all. When we all got in the car to go see the lights, Brian was sitting next to her car seat and she burst out crying...big crocodile tears running down her face and everything. She didn't stop, until he traded places with Kiley.


She wanted to help me cook dinner, and so I put one of my aprons on her. She liked it so much that she insisted Kiley and I wear one too. She kept picking up one of my spatulas and saying, "pancake...flip." She made me laugh a lot.


They wanted to go see the lights at Temple Square, so I rode down with them to SLC on Friday afternoon/evening. Brian had to work a little later, so didn't get to come. Again, it was a really cold night, but everyone had a good time.



Sadie wouldn't let anyone hold her but me, and when she was walking (which she wanted to do a lot) she wanted to hold her mom's hand and mine. Scott would try to hold her hand, but she wouldn't let him. Instead she'd hold her hand out up behind her head and say "Jess" over and over until I grabbed her hand. It was so cute.



Sadie loved the lights and every time she saw the temple, she would point at it and say "temple." Such a smart little girl.


I'm so glad they came to visit. I've missed my sister, and I don't think I'll ever get enough of Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment