Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Year's Eve

The week after Christmas flew by, and all of the sudden it was New Year's Eve. We met at Annie and Jake's home that afternoon for a New Year's Eve party. Everyone brought a treat/snack to share and games to play. It was a wild crazy party with little kids and a puppy running around, plus everyone laughing and having a grand old time. It was so fun!

We had fun playing Psychiatrist, a game where all players but one suffer from a specific problem (i.e. twitch your right foot, one word answers, sentences start with letter "A," etc) and the one player asks everyone questions to diagnose (discover) the problem. It was fun. We also played the Thimble Game, and Telestrations. It was all so fun. 

The funniest/worst game we played was Bean Boozled. You take turns flipping the spinner. Then everyone has to eat the color of jelly bean that the arrow lands on. It's either a good bean or a disgusting bean. For example, the yellow beans were either moldy cheese or peach. You go into this came thinking " how bad can it really be?" Oh. It's bad. The worst jelly bean I had to taste was dirty socks. Luckily, I escaped the dog food and skunk flavored beans. Those were bad. The skunk flavored beans stunk up the entire room. They were just awful. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. It was funny to see everyone's reactions as they ate the bad beans. We didn't play for too long, only a few rounds, and after the skunk jellybean we stopped. 


Once we both were back home in Utah and unpacking, we found some packages of Jelly Belly jelly beans that Brian's parents had given us for Christmas. We saw the jelly beans at the same time, and looked up at each other with the same wary looks on our faces. Our first thought was not to trust them, thanks to that awful game. Apparently it was more traumatizing than we realized. We still haven't opened them.



The New Year's Eve party broke up around 8:30, and everyone went home. Brian and I drove back to my parents house. We stayed up talking for a little bit, but then headed to bed. We were all so tired. a whole week of partying is pretty exhausting I guess. I fell asleep around 11, but Brian made it to midnight. Not too exciting of a New Years, but that's okay. It was still a fun day.


This last year has been an adventure for sure. When we sat around the table with Brian's parents, Grandma Westover, and Aunt Barta on December 31st 2014 and voiced our goals for the year 2015, Brian and I both said that we wanted to move away from NYC. I hoped that the move would happen, but I'd wished it for the past four years, and I think at that moment I didn't really believe that it would or could happen. Here we are one year, and one cross-country move, later. Not only do we no longer live in NYC, but we were able to move to an area that is so close to both our families. Brian is enjoying his new job and the people he works with, and it's so much less stressful for him. It's seriously been a dream come true. We've been so blessed. One thing I've learned over the last five years, is that you never know what's going to happen. All you can do is work hard, plan the best you can, and rely on the Lord. The thing we both want more than anything this next year is to start a family. Wish us luck. Here's to a marvelous 2016!

1 comment:

  1. I promise that the Star Wars beans taste good (and enhance fertility)

    ReplyDelete