Monday, September 12, 2016

10th Anniversary

This year, in August, we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe we've been married for ten years! It feels like it's gone by so fast, yet we've experienced so much together during those ten years.

We originally had plans at the first of the year to go camping or hiking in Zion National Park to celebrate, but then I got pregnant. I didn't really feel like going camping or hiking in the hot weather. So we started to think of other things to do to celebrate. We couldn't think of anything! Plus, we are on a budget for baby, so we just didn't feel like we could do anything too crazy (expensive). In the end, we just ended up going out to dinner. I know it sounds like a lame way to celebrate 10 years, but it ended up being perfect.

Our anniversary fell on a Friday, so when Brian got home from work we went to dinner at the Sonoma Grill in downtown Ogden. It's a Mexican restaurant, and was really good. I loved their guacamole and homemade tortilla chips, and Brian was very happy with his fish tacos. I got a chicken Burrito, which was good as well. We split a virgin margarita. It was really good and I've been wanting another one ever since. It was low key, but we had a lot of fun just having a quiet dinner together talking about us and our lives together.

We were both feeling so tired that evening, Brian from a long work week, and me from just being pregnant, so we ordered dessert to go. We laughed at ourselves...ten years in and we're too tired to stay out for dessert. Oh well, it happens. We brought our fried ice-cream home and shared it while watching a movie and wearing comfy pajamas. It was perfect. We did manage to snap a picture after we got home and before pajamas. 


I love this man so much. I couldn't imagine spending my life and eternity with anyone else, nor would I want to. He is everything. Ten years in, and we've become a part of each other in a way that I never knew was possible. Everything that we've experienced together, good and bad, has forged us together and deepened our relationship into something that I feel is sacred and that I cherish. I'm so excited to start this next chapter of our lives together as parents.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! Hooray for happy love! For our 10th we went bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't clicked over to read your blog for quite awhile. What an awesome surprise to see that your long awaited miracle is on the way! Congrats! Our first baby was also born shortly after our 10th anniversary. Such a long hard journey to get our kids here, but totally worth it. What an exciting holiday season it will be. Congrats again!

    Kaylene (Marcus Hardys aunt)

    ReplyDelete