In order to fit it in our vehicle, we had to disassemble it. We were grateful that Tom happened to be with us, so he was able to help Brian take the crib apart and load all the pieces...and then unload it once we were back home.
I wiped each piece down really well, and then Brian and Tom reassembled it. It was fun to hear them laughing while they worked. We've never really lived close to either of Brian's brothers since we've been married, so it is really great that we live so close to Tom now. We've loved getting to see him more. This baby is so lucky, because he has an awesome dad...and awesome uncles. I snuck a couple pictures of them while they were hard at work.
In no time, the crib was back together! It looks so great, and we can't wait until we have a little one to put in it. For now, we just put it in the corner in our second bedroom, but once we get a dresser and other baby things, we'll probably rearrange the room a bit. Also, I'm waiting to buy bedding until after my baby shower.
It took us a few days to get used to having a crib in our spare bedroom. It was weird to walk by and see the crib sitting there...but exciting as well. We've never made it this far before in the having-a-baby process. It made the fact that we are having a baby just that much more real.
Last week, we bought a rocking recliner. Again we got it second-hand, but it is like new and was selling for an amazing price. I'm so excited to have a rocking chair, and one that is really comfortable. I can't wait until I get to rock my little guy to sleep in it. I'm sure the chair and I will become really good friends.
Right now, I'm searching for an upright dresser. I'm hoping to find one soon. We've decided on a carseat and stroller, we just need to order them. Other than that, we're just waiting until the baby shower before we go on a shopping spree for everything else. I'm starting to feel antsy about getting everything done. I don't want to be scrambling during the last month to get what we need. We still have time though, and I know everything will come together as it should.



Such an exciting time. You will be a terrific mom.
ReplyDelete