Thursday, March 1, 2018

Knit Gnomes

For Christmas, both Brian and my brother Luke got me knitting kits to make tiny gnome figures. The kits are from an online shop called Mochimochi Land. I've seen her stuff before, and fell in love with the gnomes. I was so excited when I was gifted the kits and couldn't wait to knit my first gnome.

I was so happy as I knit up the first one. He was so small, and just adorable. I just kept laughing and smiling while knitting him, and I was very delighted with how he turned out.

     

Each kit came with enough yarn/stuffing to make three gnomes. My first gnome brought me some much joy that I couldn't help but cast on another...and another. 



Although I don't have much time to knit these days, they were such fast projects that that I was able to finish them quite quickly. Soon I'd knit through both kits. I was actually able to get four gnomes out of each kit, and had enough leftover yarn between the two that I made a ninth gnome. I ran out of blue, so he has a black stripe on his shirt and peach arms, but that's okay. I had so much fun making each one.



What am I going to do with nine gnomes, may you ask. Well, I'm going to give them away...most likely to my siblings. I'll keep a few of course, but I'm going to spread the happiness. Seriously, every time I see this row of gnomes I smile, and I want to let these little guys make those I love smile too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment