January was a busy month and just seemed to fly by. Brian went to Las Vegas for CES--he was gone the entire second week of the month. My mom came down and spent the week with Connor and I. It was so fun to get to visit with her, and Connor loved playing with Grandma. He wore her out making her give him "Superman" rides. We loved having her here--it helped take my mind off of Brian being gone and made the week go by faster. Kris also came down and spent a night with us midweek. Connor loved all the attention he got from having two grandmas around at the same time. It was nice to have a break and let them help.
Brian came back healthy--for half a day, and then got a nasty cold/flu. He was sick for about a week before he started to feel better. Connor and I held out, not getting sick until two weeks after he did. Then we got nasty head colds ourselves. Connor had a bad runny nose and a horrible croupy cough I took him to the doctor to make sure it wasn't RSV or the flu, which it wasn't. The PA we saw just said it was a virus and to go home and wait it out. His advice was to give him ibuprofen to help with any pain and inflammation in his throat and to let him drink lemonade to thin the mucus in the back of his throat. I was glad it wasn't anything serious, but then I felt dumb taking him in. I don't want to be one of those moms who take their kid into the doctor for every little thing, but I'm still new to this whole mom thing and can't yet tell the difference when it's serious or not. Besides, I've been hearing horror stories about kids dying from the flu, so I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially since he's still so young.
Other than being sick, taking care of Connor, and keeping up with housework and all else that comes with being a stay at home mom, I've been finding time to knit here and there. I finally finished making Luke's poncho. I only started it seven months ago. Haha! Life has been busy and it's hard to find time to knit with a busy baby running around the house.
Connor boy is 14 months old now (as of two days ago) and is growing and learning everyday. He surprises us often by doing or mimicking things that he's seen us do before. He is so smart and picks up on so much. One day he pulled an oven mitt out of the door, put it on, and then tried to open the oven. It was so cute, and I couldn't help laughing. He likes to "clean" his ears with q-tips, pull his shirts and diapers off, and even tries rub lotion on himself and me (although he can't get any out of the bottle by himself, thank goodness). He is into everything and I pick up dvd's, pans and pan lids, dish towels, sunglasses, etc. all day long.
I've been stressing a little about how to transition him from baby food to real food, but he's making the transition on his own. He would rather eat the food we are eating that the baby food, although he will still eat the Gerber fruits and vegetables. He loves to eat toast and strawberries. He likes to beg food from Brian and I's plates whether he's hungry or not. He ate a half a jr. bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's while my mom was here. It was so funny to see him holding the burger in his little hands. He loves pickles, avocados, tomatoes, and grapefruit. One night we had polish sausage for dinner, and we gave him a little bit of sauerkraut. He ate it right up. He has quite the palate for a 13 month old. He's taken to sippy cups quickly and with no problems, and he does fine drinking whole milk. We only give him a bottle once a day now, at night before we put him to bed. He is such a little man, and is in quite a hurry to grow up and do everything that we do.
He has perfected his technique of getting off of our bed. He slides down over the edge, and then just hangs there for awhile. Eventually he'll drop down to the floor...usually falling over. It's not graceful, but doesn't seem to hurt him any.
He's started to stack blocks by himself. It's so fun to watch him try. He can get two or three stacked before they fall over or he knocks them over. He's not always successful with the stacking and it frustrates him when he can't do it.
He loves going to the library, and loves to walk down the aisles of books. I think he just loves the freedom of exploring a new place.
It hasn't snowed very much here this winter, and the snow doesn't seem to stay very long after it does fall. When we did get some snow, I tried to show it to Connor, but he was either unimpressed or didn't like it. I've offered him a handful of snow to touch a few different times and he just looks at it, but won't touch it. We'll have to try again to get him interested in snow next year, when he's older and hopefully there's enough to make a snowman or snow angel.
He loves to wear the hat that Uncle Sean and Aunt Andrea got him for Christmas...well at least when he's outdoors. He won't keep it on very long when we're inside.
Also, we finally put him in the sweater that Uncle Tom and Sarah got him for Christmas. It's still quite big on him, but he's super cute in it.
While we were in the doctor this month, they weighed Connor. He weighs 20 lbs 8 oz. We finally broke 20 pounds! He still wears size four diapers although we've switched him to size 5 in the pampers that we put him in at night. The parent's choice diapers we put him in during the day are starting to feel a little small, so I'm thinking of switching him to size 5 soon. He still mostly wears 12 month clothes, although I've been starting to put him in 18 month onesies. He's finally fitting into size 12 month pants, although they're still just a touch too long on him. He's decided he likes to wear shoes now and loves his moccasins and his little brown Cherokee slip-ons we got him.
I think that about sums up our month. I can barely keep up these days, and feel like I'm constantly playing catch-up. That's okay though. I'm happy that I have a very busy, very cute boy to chase after all day. I wouldn't want it any other way!


















Growing so quickly ❤️
ReplyDelete