Sunday, January 7, 2018

2017 Knitting Projects

I was finishing up my blog book for 2017 when I realized I hadn't shared all of the knitting projects that I'd completed during the year.

With the arrival of all these new babies in the family this last year, I have been busy knitting. I've loved it. I made a blanket for each of them, and it's been so fun. I love picking out patterns and colors, and it's so fun to think about each baby as I work on their blanket. I'm am very happy at how they turned out.

I used the same pattern for Jackson's and Emytt's blankets--a diagonal stripe blanket. I chose a bright blue and dark grey for Jackson's blanket, and a lighter blue and lighter grey for Emytt's blanket. I love this pattern.












I picked a chevron pattern for Kate. I've crocheted a chevron blanket before, but I wanted to try knitting one. It was an easy pattern and I love how it turned out. I went back and forth on colors and finally settled on a pink, peach, and white. I really like how it turned out. 






Although I knit Connor a white blanket for his blessing day, I haven't knit him another yet. His blessing blanket is more of a keepsake, and I want to make him a blanket that he can use daily. I'm trying to decide on a pattern. I want it to be a good one. Unless I find a pattern I like better, I'll probably make him a diagonal striped blanket as well. I just really love that pattern. Once I finally decide, and then choose the perfect colors, I'll get started right away. 

I also did a little crochet work this year. I crocheted some small purses for my nieces' birthdays. I'm so happy with how they turned out. I made the white a pink for Sadie, the pink with blue for Kaylee, and the blue with pink for Sophia. I loved giving the purses to them. I think they really liked them. I still need to make one more for my niece that lives in New York.


I also crocheted Tayte an owl for his birthday. He was really into owls this summer, because there was an owl that would visit their house. Tyler said that Tayte loved to look outside at the owl whenever they saw it sitting in the pine tree behind their house. I think he really liked this gift. Tyler sent me a picture of Tayte holding the owl while sitting in his bed. He said that Tayte wanted to take his owl to bed with him. It makes my heart happy when my handmade gifts are loved.

1 comment: