Saturday we had a brunch of eggs benedict while watching the morning session of conference. It was a very special experience to get to stand and sustain our new prophet, President Russell M. Nelson. I definitely felt the spirit as I stood and raised my hand in support of him. I know that he has been called of God to serve as prophet and lead the church at this time.
We watched the second session of conference then all fell asleep for a late nap. That evening, we decorated some eggs for Easter. We decided not to dye eggs this year. When we first entertained the idea of dying eggs, Brian and I both pictured Connor crawling on the table knocking over the cups of dye. That image squelched that idea pretty quickly. Instead I bought some Easter-themed stickers and we colored the eggs with crayons and used the stickers as added decoration.
When I gave Connor his egg, he immediately started banging it on the table. He loved the cracking sound it made, so kept smashing his egg. When I wrested it out of his grasp, it was pretty cracked up, so we put it aside. After showing him how to color on a second egg with a crayon, we let him have another go. He dropped the crayon and banged the new egg on the table. We wanted the eggs to survive long enough to become deviled eggs the next day, so we took the egg from him and tried to get him to color on some paper and play with the stickers. I put a sticker on his hand, and he didn't like that. He also didn't like us putting stickers on the eggs or his paper. He would immediately pull them off.
Brian put some polka dots on an egg and then helped Connor put a sticker on it. I had fun coloring the other two eggs. I love how they turned out, even the cracked one. Haha!
Easter morning we gave Connor his Easter basket. He immediately reached for his new ball, and was so excited about it.
While we were staying at my parents house, we played with bubbles a lot. He loves bubbles, so it was awesome that the Easter Bunny brought him a giant bottle of them. Now that they weather is warm, we can go outside and play with bubbles whenever we want.
The Easter Bunny also brought Connor this little toy chicken that cheeps when you hold it in your hand. He can't figure out how to get it to cheep by himself yet, but he gets so excited and laughs and smiles when Brian or I hold it and it starts to talk. He likes to pet it and give it hugs. So cute!
Connor also got a bag of smarties that should last him a long time. He loves smarties and when he saw the bag, pulled it out and wanted some right away. We unwrapped a roll for him and he sat happily crunching away on them. I think the Easter Bunny did a great job this year.
Brian and I enjoyed watching both Sunday sessions of Conference. We played with Connor while we listened, and he was happy most of the time to play with his new ball, chicken, and his other toys. Later that day we enjoyed a small dinner of ham, German potato salad, deviled eggs, and fruit salad. I made an angel food cake with fresh strawberry sauce for desert. It was all delicious.
Our weekend was so wonderful and relaxing and joyful. Conference was so uplifting, and exciting what with all the new changes and announcements--temples in India and Russia, changes to home and visiting teaching, and the combining of High Priests' and Elders' quorums. I'm so grateful for living prophets and modern revelation and most importantly for my Savior Jesus Christ. I love Easter and the chance it gives me to refocus and recenter my life on Christ. To rejoice not only for his sacrifice and Atonement, but for his resurrection. He lives! What joy and hope and light comes from that statement. We have much to be grateful for.









No comments:
Post a Comment