So this morning we got a call from our ward's executive secretary. They asked us to come in a little early to church so we could both meet with the Bishop. Yay, new callings.
Well, I wasn't so worried about it because a member of the previous Bishopric was asking Brian about his schedule a couple of weeks ago. So I just assumed it was something for Brian. Was I wrong? Oh yes...I was WRONG! It was for me. I am now the new ward and primary music coordinator. I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting this.
I'm not so worried about the ward part, that is easy. I just have to make a list of songs for Sacrament meeting for the next six months and help coordinate a musical number every month. No problem. It's the primary part that I am nervous about. I've never been in primary before, so this will be a whole new barrel of monkeys for me. Literally. I sat in on primary today, and although there are only 10 kids, a few of them are pretty wild. (There was an incident with a bean bag being hurled across the room.) The primary presidency members were all super nice (I got the sense that they are grateful for new help) and offered lots of advice and input on how to get started. Everyone I saw today was congratulating me. I'll be okay once I have time to process and get prepared, it was just a lot all at once today.
On an unrelated note....Brian and I were walking in our neighborhood a few weeks ago around 10:00 at night and we saw this:

Sorry for the super blurry picture. It's a Party Bus....or a POW (Party on Wheels) as Brian and I now refer to it. This school bus has totally been decked out. There was Latin music blaring out the open windows and tons of people crammed inside its darkened interior dancing. I think I even saw a disco ball. The outside was decorated with lights, silk flowers and lots of other random party supplies. It sat there at the curb for a few minutes before the driver climbed in, shut the door and drove off. The bus was rocking back and forth as it zoomed down the street. It was honestly the weirdest and craziest thing I have ever seen.

Haha, I've seen those buses before too. They have those in San Francisco but randomly we saw one a few days ago driving through Concord...? I would suggest never getting on one though. You can imagine there's some wild stuff goin on in there. Yikes!
ReplyDeleteOh yea, primary/children callings are so much fun! I've been in Nursery the last 8 months and have LOVED it! I was very intimidated at first because I'd never had a calling like that and I was actually intimidated by the children. Haha. But once you get used to it I'm sure you'll realize how good you are at it and that you'll love it. I'm excited for you!!
What? They don't have party wagons in Chester? I'm thinking that your mother and her school bus could start a new trend for some weekend income.
ReplyDeleteCheck out Sean's Prom photos when he went with Marissa Perona Smith (before Smith and before Andrea) Party Wagon! G-rated.