Saturday, October 29, 2011

First Snow of the Season

This morning we woke up to rain, which quickly turned into snow! I love snow! Especially the first snow of the season. It makes me feel all festive and excited for Christmas. Plus it reminds me of home, and we don't have to drive in it here in New York. :) Below is the view from our bedroom window.


We were planning on going into the city today and doing some sightseeing, but the weather changed our minds. It started to rain while still snowing so the streets became covered with puddles of slush. Not so fun when your walking around the city. We had a few errands to run near our apartment, so we did get outside to experience the new fallen snow.


As we were waiting to cross a busy street, Brian got splashed by a passing car. You would think we would know better by now to stand further back from the curb. We always start to move back just as we get splashed.


There were pigeons everywhere on the ground picking their way through the slush. It was funny to watch them walk through the puddles, and they would leave little birdy footprints behind. They looked so confused and disoriented...poor little guys.


While we were out, we picked up a couple pairs of long johns to wear as an extra layer against the cold while we are out at parades and such this winter. I also found a pair of rubber boots on sale! I'm so excited about them. I changed into them after buying them and the walk home was so great. I could splash as much as a wanted through the pools of slush and my feet stayed nice and dry. :) Now if I can just get Brian to find a pair of boots, we can go sloshing about the city together! However, that may take a bit of doing... ;)

I know they're oh so stylish, but they have already changed my life. Seriously.


So it has begun. Bring on the holidays and cold weather, I'm so ready!

2 comments:

  1. Lovin those boots. Didn't you get stuck in the barn yard in some just like that? Seriously. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Brian might have a pair of boots here. I'll look around. Have a fun Halloween in the snow.

    ReplyDelete