Happy Halloween! We hope everyone has had a great night trick-or-treating and dressing up in costumes. We didn't do costumes this year. :( Lame-O, I know. It just kind of snuck up on us and we weren't really thinking about costumes. We'll try for something awesome next year.
However, we did go to the NYC Halloween Parade in Greenwich Village. It was fun and crazy. I met Brian at work and we headed over to the parade route on 6th Avenue. After a yummy burgers and AMAZING french fries at a place called Bonfire, we went out and found a spot among the fast growing crowd. We ended up near where the news crews were filming the parade and so we were on camera a few times.
It was fun to see all the different costumes in the parade and the giant puppets gliding above the crowd. After awhile the streets got so crowded and we kept getting pushed and elbowed by people trying to get closer to the front of the crowd. This got old really fast, so we ended up leaving and heading home. There were so many people on the streets for blocks and blocks near the parade route. We had to wind our way (more like fight our way) through the crowded streets. Eventually the amount of people on the streets thinned to just busy instead of jammed packed. There sure are lots and lots of people out celebrating tonight. Definitely a whole different Halloween than the ones I'm used to in Idaho.
I've included lots of pictures from the parade. Most are poor quality due to our poor little camera and the fact that it was dark. Waiting on the sidelines...it felt like forever before the parade started.
We were across the street from the camera crew.
There was a cool projected image of a spider on a nearby building. It would move every so often.
We were on the front lines of the parade and even ended up on camera a few times.
The newscaster interviewing the incredible Hulk and Jack Sparrow among other ghoulies.
Awesome skeleton puppets. This was my favorite part of the parade.
I loved the horse drawn carriage.
There were tons of elaborate costumes. Some people really go all out for Halloween! There were also costumes that, we'll just say, you would never see in Idaho. I think the most bizarre costume I saw was a grown man dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood...eek!
The people on this float were ice skating!!! They were skating around doing a little dance to music. They never missed a beat, even when the car pulling their trailer would stop suddenly and then jerk forward.
Of course Brian loved the Batmobile.
We caught a glimpse of E.T.
There was a big thriller dance in the middle of the parade.
This was definitely Halloween on a large scale. Although it was fun, I think this will be a one time thing for us. Kind of a "now we've seen that" sort of situation. Now we are cuddled up together in our apartment, and are going to drink hot chocolate while watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." Definitely a Halloween must!
The parade sounds a little bit creepy. I think the Charlie Brown movie sounds a bit more my speed. Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a lot of fun! That's cool you were able to be so close to it all! Honestly I'm more jealous of the hot cocoa drinking that went on. I wish it were even remotely cool enough here to feel like drinking hot cocoa....someday!
ReplyDeleteFun, fun, fun! Glad you got to experience it.
ReplyDelete