We saw this when we were walking to the Hudson River for the firework show. Since it was closed, we had no idea what it was. Brian is guessing food because it makes him hungry for chicken.
I read it and think of pigeons. They are dirty, stinky birds. I know, because my dad raised pigeons when we were growing up. I even had a pet one named Bubbles when I was in Kindergarten. She was white and would puff out her chest while making a cooing noise. My dad would take her to work with him, tie a message to me on her leg and let her go. She would fly home, and I remember waiting for her after school to read the message on her leg. It was pretty awesome. I love my Dad!
When I was a little older, my brother Tyler, sister Kiley and I would go in our pigeon coop and look at the birds and catch them. One time, they thought it would be funny if they snuck out and locked me inside. So they did. They are the mischievous pair in our family and were (and still are) always pulling tricks on the rest of us. It was hot and stinky in there. They only left me in there for a few minutes, which was more than enough for me. Hahaha, I can laugh about it now, but at the time it wasn't that funny. Even though I liked to look at the birds, I didn't really like being in the coop with them. So even though I have fond memories of pigeons, I would never like to eat them.
We later looked it up and it is a restaurant. They do serve chicken of all kinds, with multiple sides. They also have "bad-ass cookies". Brian says he wants some of those. The menu looks pretty good actually. We might have to go and try it out.
I love the story about your Dad taking the pigeon with him to work his farm and send a little note back to his little daughter. That makes me a little misty-eyed!
ReplyDelete