Our baby is one month old! How did that happen so fast? It feels like we just brought him home yesterday. The time is already moving too fast. We are so excited for all of the milestones he'll be reaching in the next year. We can't wait for him to laugh and smile on purpose, crawl, talk, walk, etc., but at the same time we are loving this baby stage and don't want it to end. We're soaking up every minute with this little guy.
Connor has grown a lot since his last visit to the pediatrician. His one month checkup was yesterday, and these are his stats:
- Weight: 10 lbs 14 oz; 75th percentile
- Height: 21 3/4 inches; 68th percentile
- Head Circumference 38 1/2 cm; 90th percentile
He ate about a half hour before the appointment, so I don't know how much that affected his weight. Anyhow, whether he has a full tummy or not he's clearly not starving. I absolutely love his chubby cheeks. I'm afraid he takes after me in that department. I've been teased by my aunts and uncles my whole life about how big my cheeks were when I was a baby.
Here are baby pictures of Brian and I to compare with Connor.
![]() |
| Brian |
![]() |
| Jessica |
Connor remains such a calm, happy baby...at least most of the time. He continues to be very impatient for his food. When he's ready to eat, he definitely lets us know it! We've noticed he has the cutest dimples just above the corners of his mouth. They appear when he smiles, which happens a lot when he's sleeping. Sleepy baby smiles are the best.
He puts up with me taking pictures of him really well, but eventually he says enough. He's even adorable when he's crying.
Although he's grown in the time we've had him home, he still curls up on himself when we lay him down or cuddle him. I hope that lasts a bit longer. It's one of my favorite things.
We've started putting him in the bouncer that Aunt Kiley got him. He really likes it, and I think it's because he can stretch out his legs and arms to his heart's content, and be as wiggly as he wants. The first time he spent time in it, he fell right asleep. He seems to enjoy the nature sounds that it plays more than its music, and he really watches the little hanging turtles when they swing.
We started tummy time today, and it wasn't very long before he'd wiggled himself over on his right side. From there, he rolled over onto his back. I was quite impressed. He really is such a strong baby. We'll have to see if he does that again next time I lay him on his stomach.
We miss Dad when he's at work, and I know that Dad misses us, so we take selfies and send them to him during the day.
He still sleeps a lot, but is staying awake longer during the day between feedings. He continues to eat two to three ounces of milk every two to three hours, more often at the two hour mark. He usually sometimes sleeps for one 4-hour stretch each night, which is the most glorious thing. I think the new formula is helping, because he's becoming more regular. He's fitting better into his clothes, which are mostly size 0-3 months.
He's just doing great all around, and has brought so much happiness and joy into our lives already. We feel very, very blessed that this little spirit was sent to our family.














He looks like both of you as babies. He has your eyes and Brian's mouth. Baby Brian had my Dad's coloring -- blonde hair and tan skin. Connor has such pretty coloring but it's not like Brian's. Connor is a splendid baby!
ReplyDeleteHis Daddy was splendid too, of course. =)
ReplyDelete