Saturday we ventured into the city with a mission. To find some of the famous locations we had seen in movies. We started off with Bloomingdale's. Nine floors of shopping heaven. We only went up to seven :( There were lots of designer clothes, but we didn't get 'em. They cost an arm and two legs, we were only willing to part with one of each. We did have fun looking at the china. Very pretty.
Here Brian is sporting a fabulous, new pair of sunglasses. He finally broke down and bought a new pair after his last (and favorite) pair met an ignominious death. He crushed them as he was getting into Scott's pickup in Salt Lake. He almost cried. But here he is, happy again.
Apple store, which I thought was really cool looking. While all of the buildings around it are so tall, it is all underground. We are planning on going back to actually visit the store, because it was swamped today with the release of the new line of ipods.
It is home to the CBS studios. I grew up watching The Early Show every morning while getting ready for school. Soon, I plan to come back for a taping... maybe wave hello to everyone on the west coast. Watch for me...
This is part of the GM building. I told you it was big. Excuse the bald man, he was not meant to be a part of this shot.
Also in the GM building is the best toy store ever. It was really fun.
So we got a little crazy, but it's a toy store. A BIG toy store. It's easy to become a kid again. At one point, one of the employees asked me if I could control him.
Okay so not really. But after reviewing these shots, maybe I should have tried. ;) This toy soldier was made out of jelly beans. I LOVE jelly beans. If he would fit up our stairs I would have tried to bring him back to the apartment.
Muppets! This was cool because you picked out the muppet and then got to pick out an outfit for him. Kind of like build a bear only with muppets.
We loved Lego Chewbacca.
The BIG PIANO...except we didn't do it. Because you had to have a kid. That's incentive enough for me.
This is where we had lunch. This fountain is right in front of The Plaza Hotel. There was a little girl wading in this fountain. It kinda grossed me out because there were bird feathers and other things floating in it. Not very clean.
So I know its kind of dorky, but I've always wanted to go to The Plaza Hotel. Every since I saw Home Alone. One of my life dreams accomplished. :)
Carnegie Hall where Brian sang with his high school choir in 2000. I wish we could have gone inside and seen the stage.
There is so much to see and do that it is easy to not pay attention to what time it is. We had been walking around for like three hours and this point without a break. No wonder my feet were getting sore! It didn't feel like that long though. We found a nice park bench in the shade at Central Park and took a break.
I love all these pictures!!!! They are wonderful.
ReplyDelete