Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Alive Again

I finally have my energy back...Yay!!! I got sick this last week with the stomach flu. It was awful. I hate throwing up! I can handle being achy, sore throats, congestion, coughing, and pretty much anything else over throwing up. I know I'm a wimp, but it is the worst. I hate it so much that I pretty much always try to avoid it. Hahaha In fact I was a Junior in High School the last time I threw up. So when I woke up last Wednesday at 3:30 in the morning with a very queasy stomach I was soooo not excited. I tried everything to try and calm it but it just wasn't working and finally I lost it. :(

I felt a little better afterwards, but eventually the feeling came back and I ended up going back and forth from my comfy bed to the bathroom a few times. Poor Brian woke up and wanted to help, but there is not much you can do for someone whose stomach is on strike. Eventually he fell back to sleep and I ended up curling up on our futon until my stomach relaxed and I dozed off.

Brian had to go into work that morning and I was feeling okay...just really tired. I slept for awhile and then woke up with a nasty fever. I was freezing cold and achy and then I was melting and achy. It was really bad. I haven't been sick like that for a long time. Pretty much I took some medicine and laid in bed all day feeling like I was going to die. However, I didn't throw up again so I was very grateful for that. Brian was sweet and brought home some chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers. Which is all I ate for the next couple of days. I'm pretty sure my fever broke that night and the aches and pains stopped, but it left me completely worn out. I was super weak, and I'm sure dehydrated even though I was drinking water like crazy. Since then I've felt okay but I've just been exhausted.....until last night! TADA - enter energy!

So I'm super excited to feel like I can be counted among the living again. I'm going to be a little crazy today and lug all our laundry over to the laundromat and probably give the apartment a good scrubbing to celebrate.

P.S. We found out this last Sunday that Rasha is getting baptized next week! We are so excited for her :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Very excited for Russia! And for you that you have your energy back! That's the best feeling after being sick like that...feeling rejuvenated and like you can take on the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick -- yuck. I'm so glad you are better now!

    ReplyDelete