Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011


The new year is starting off great! Today we booked flights to go to Idaho and visit the last week of May. I'm so excited! It will be great to see my family and bring back some more of our stuff. We only brought the bare necessities with us last September thinking that we would leave in December. It will be nice to have a few more clothes and a couple more dresses for church.

Brian's job continues to go well. He is learning a lot and getting to see the tech journalism industry up close. He is always telling me about fun new gadgets that are being announced. I can see the glint in his eye as he talks about it, and know that he is wishing he could have one of everything. They are keeping him super busy, but he is adjusting to his work load and becoming more confident. I'm so proud of him!

Writing is also going well for me. I write two articles every morning. I have found that two is about what my brain can handle right now. If I try for a third, it is usually harder to crank out. So for now, two a day is it. I'm quite proud of myself for succeeding at this job. I've always enjoyed writing, but never thought about doing it to make money. It is giving me a chance to continue to learn and expand my mind, which I enjoy. It's also great because I get to have part time hours! Yay :) I have my afternoons free to do housework, run errands, and keep up on laundry. My days are usually full. I find myself busy right up until Brian walks through the door.

We have settled into a nice little routine here in Queens. This isn't where we are going settle down, but for now while Brian is getting his career started, we are enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Another writer in the family!
    Concerning Queens, I'd say "Never say never", but that's probably not what you want to hear. But what Brother Eyring said at Brian's graduation is true -- whatever you plan for probably won't turn out that way. And you'll be glad and happy about it. Isn't that so true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have said this isn't where we WANT to settle down. You're right though, who knows!

    ReplyDelete