Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

We are one hour away from 2011 and Brian and I are spending New Year's Eve in our little apartment in Queens, New York. Who knew last year that we would actually be living in New York?! We weren't even for sure about the internship yet, and now here we are with a job and are, for now, permanent residents. Life is interesting, that's for sure. I've learned that things will always work out, just not in the way that you expect or even plan on.

A lot of changes have happened for us this last year. We have finished one chapter in our lives as college students and moved on to our first real job in a big new city. Brian has started his career as a full time writer. I've lost two grandparents this year that I miss terribly (and probably always will). We've gained a brother-in-law, and grown closer to other new family members. We even have a new niece or nephew on the way.

Through all of these new changes, two things have remained constant: our love for each other and our trust in the Lord. Through all the changes this year, and their timing, we definitely have stronger testimonies that the Lord knows us individually. He is watching out for us and has a plan for us. We just have to remember to turn to Him, place our lives in His hands, and have faith that His plan is better than ours (which it always is).

We have each learned a lot this year, and have grown as individuals and as a couple. Goodbye 2010, and may 2011 bring happiness, blessings, and many more new experiences!


3 comments:

  1. I love the picture at the top of the blog!! Happy New Year!!! This is from Sheena and Ryan Shurtz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! We are proud of you both and love you. I wonder what 2011 will bring?

    ReplyDelete