Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas at Rockefeller Center

Brian and I went to Rockefeller Center last night for Family Home Evening. There was a concert going on so it was super crowded. This was the view from a couple blocks away. We decided to get something to eat before we tried to get closer to the tree.


We found a Five Guys just around the corner and lucky us their potatoes for the day were from Rexburg!


It was the first time eating here for both of us. We loved it. The food was great and it was a fun little place to eat.



After dinner, we headed back out into the cold. We decided to walk around the block to reach the other side of the tree away from the concert. We saw a lot of fun Christmas lights in the city. They had a giant string of Christmas lights along a sidewalk. They were really fun!



The giant tree was spectacular. It was so big and the thousands of lights were twinkling. It definitely put us in the Christmas Spirit.



They had silver and gold flags up on all the flag poles and Christmas statues everywhere.


There were skaters on the rink in front of the tree. We didn't go skating because it was freezing cold and we were both ready to head for the warm subway!



They had a projection of snowflakes on the building across the street from Rockefeller Center. Every half an hour music started to play and the projection would move. The snowflakes started falling and then crashed down to the ground while bubbles started floating in. It was a cool display partly because it was on such a big building!


The angels blowing their horns were my favorite part besides the tree. I love Christmas angels and these were gorgeous!


It was such a fun night. I love doing and seeing new things with Brian. I always end up laughing so much and just having a great time. He is definitely my best friend, and I am so grateful I am married to him.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are married to him, too.

    I love you both, together and individually.

    Love, Mom KW

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I feel the same way about Brian's Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome adventure! So glad you got the opportunity and shared it with all of us. Love you both too. and...MERRY CHRISTMAS! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete