So it has been spring here in New York for a few weeks now. We have gotten to enjoy the beautiful, and very fragrant, flowering trees around the city and near by our apartment building. We are quickly approaching summer as we've had temperatures in the 70's and even a day of 82 degrees. Whew!
I have especially enjoyed watching the buds form and open on the magnolia tree right next door. It is super gorgeous. I'm glad I snapped these pictures a few days ago because the flowers are almost totally gone now. The trees on our street are leafing out quite quickly now. I can tell a difference from day to day.
As the trees are shedding their blooms for foliage, flowers are popping up everywhere. We were at the Manhattan Temple today with Brian's cousin Tamara and her husband Mike, and I saw these beauties. Tulips are one of my favorite spring flowers. I am absolutely loving the blooming flowers and new spring growth. I never realize just how much I miss it until I see it again in the spring!
This was a beautiful flowering dogwood that we found walking home from church.
Yay for spring, and flowers, and trees, and green grass. It reminds me of one of my favorite Primary songs:
Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank Him reverently
For all His creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.





Yay for spring time! And super cool that you got to hang out with Tam and Mike. I didn't realize they were in NY already.
ReplyDeleteThat is your father-in-law's very favorite primary song of all time!
ReplyDeleteI love this post!