On July 30th, the first day we were in Idaho, Brian and I were able to attend the Rexburg LDS Temple to be with my sister Annie while she received her endowment. I have been able to attend all of my siblings' endowments, except for my brother Tyler's because I hadn't received mine yet when he went through in preparation for his mission. I wasn't going to miss Annie's. That day was a little crazy because we spent the previous night in Utah, and had to make the drive from SLC to Chester that morning. We made it just in time to unload the car, get ourselves showered, ready, and changed, and drive to the temple. It was a bit of a whirlwind, but it all worked out.
It was such a special experience to get to be in the temple with her on her big day, and to be together with the majority of my family. My brother Luke was the only one not there, and that is because he hasn't yet received his endowment. Looking around at my parents, siblings, and their spouses while inside, I felt so blessed to be a part of the family that I have, and was filled with so much love for every single member of it. We are an awesome bunch. I couldn't have asked for a better family to get to be with for eternity.
I love the temple for multiple reasons, but especially because within its walls I get a glimpse of what heaven will be like: beautiful, peaceful, filled with family, friends, and loved ones, full of happiness, love, and joy.
While there with Annie, I couldn't help but think back on my own endowment day. I received my endowment eight years ago, on August 10, in the Idaho Falls Temple -- the same temple where my parents received their endowments and also where they were married. It was two days before Brian and I got married, and I remember being a little nervous, but mostly excited because it was the day I had essentially spent my whole life preparing for. It was a special experience, made even more so because my parents, Brian's parents, and my brother Tyler were there with me. Here is a picture of us afterwards. Boy do we look young.
![]() |
| My parents, me, Brian, Brian's parents. |
Back to Annie's day. There were lots of hugs and congratulations and such before and after leaving the temple. Afterwards, I tried to round up the family members who had come to support Annie for a picture, but I wasn't quick enough and most of them had already headed over to Pizza Pie Cafe (formerly Craigo's), where we were all meeting up for dinner. However, we did manage to get a few pictures of those that were still hanging around.
| My Dad and Mom, Annie, Jacob, and Jacob's parents. |
| My sister Jamie and her husband Danny, my parents, Annie, Jacob, Jacob's parents, Brian and I. |
| Annie and Jacob - so cute and happy! |
It was a wonderful evening filled with love and laughter, and I'm so glad we were able to be a part of it. Congrats Annie-banani. I'm so proud of you!

So cute and happy.
ReplyDelete