It has become a tradition to go shooting every time we visit our family in Idaho. The day before we were to fly back to NY, we planned to go skeet shooting with everyone up on the dry farm. I woke up with a horrible flu that day -- including a fever that caused me to alternate between shivering with chills and sweating with heat. It wasn't fun at all. So I didn't end up going, but everyone else still went, Brian included. I feel disappointed now that I missed out, but at the time I didn't care. In fact, I was so sick that I don't remember much of that last day.
Kelsey was nice enough to send me some pictures so that I could post them to our blog. Everyone came back with smiles on their faces -- a good indicator that they had a lot of fun. However, they each reported that they needed more practice because they didn't hit many of clay pigeons. They mostly shot their 12-gauge shotguns, but also had some fun shooting their handguns.
 |
| Tyler taking aim. |
 |
| Danny and Brian taking a turn while Tyler threw the pigeon. |
 |
| Dad showing everyone how it's done. |
 |
| Brian always has fun shooting, and every time afterwards talks about buying a gun. |
 |
| Kelsey firing at a clay pigeon. |
 |
| Luke taking a turn throwing the pigeons for Tyler. |
 |
| Jamie getting in on the fun. She has a better shooting stance than I do. |
And speaking of pigeons, my brother Tyler got some roller pigeons from a neighbor in Chester. He let them out one evening and we all laid out on the trampoline and watched them fly around above our heads. It was fun to see them tumble in the sky, doing somersaults in the air as they circled. I took a few videos (I did my best, but it's hard to record flying birds) and even captured one of the birds rolling (you can see it at the beginning of the second video below).
This pretty much sums up our Idaho trip. We had a lot of fun and can't wait until we get to go back again.
I'm jealous. Weird weather this summer, yes? It was so cold and rainy when we were at the ranch for the mower. Bbrrrr, like October instead of August. I am so glad you had such a nice time together. We ALL miss you on this side of the country.
ReplyDelete