Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Hair Cut >)

Tonight I am going to try and cut Brian's hair. Scary, right? Well I'm not scared, more excited really. I've always wanted to try cutting hair but have never had a willing guinea pig. I have decided tonight is the night.

Brian has been complaining about getting his hair cut and how much it costs, etc. He is so funny. I have to broach the subject of him needing a hair cut at least three weeks in advance. The first week I just mention it a couple times. "So your hair looks good, but it might be time to start thinking about a hair cut." He gets this serious look on his face and sometimes goes really quiet. I know that he is stressing about it in his mind and that I have done enough. The next week I actually start talking about it more. I ask him if he likes how he gets it cut now, if he wants to try something different, who he wants to go to, etc. Sometimes I even go so far as to plan a day to get it cut. Again I have to be careful not to overdo it. If I say too much then I have to wait a week and start over. By the third week, I think I've prepared him enough so that he is seriously thinking about it. If my plan has worked then usually he will bring it up that Thursday or Friday (all by himself) and declare that he thinks it's time for to get a hair cut. Then he will go in and by Saturday, viola, haircut.

So I have been working on him for the past month or so on the idea of me cutting it. At first, I was a little worried that he might have a stroke or something. But then this last weekend I got him at a weak moment. We were going over our finances for the rest of the month and he actually mentioned that he really needed a hair cut. I told him that I could do it and he paused for a moment, got this very grave look on his face, and said very haltingly..."okay." Yay! So I made him promise right there. Two days later he had changed his mind, but I reminded him that he had promised. :) So tonight will probably be the night. I do have a backup plan. If it doesn't go right, I promised that I would start out long enough so that if he hates it I will just buzz it off all to one length. Hey, this will save us 15 bucks so its worth at least one try. Don't worry I will post pictures!

3 comments:

  1. good luck jess!! I used to cut nate's hair.... yeah, used to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I tried to cut my brothers hair once, and we ended up buzzing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, you are brilliant.
    I used to cut his hair, too. You'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete